Cartofi “trandafir” copti
Have you ever seen carved potatoes roses?
This video was my inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJm8yQI2vzM
Well, I tried to make it easier and imagined I could slice the potatoes arrange them in muffins mold and bake them in the oven.
But how to remove them from the mold? Egg would be the necessary glue.
For this recipe I used red skinned potatoes about 10 cm/3 inch long and little more than 2.5-3 cm / 1 inch wide.
For 4 roses you will need:
- Boing water, salted
- 2 potatoes, very thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 egg
- spices and herbs to taste (dried rosemary power, paprika, mexican spices, garlic powder,…)
- Grease your muffins molds (I used silicon molds about 6-7 cm / 2.5 inch wide).
- Boil potatoes slices for 3-4 minutes in order to make them lightly pliable.
- Drain and let cool down. Toss them with little salt and spices to taste…
View original post 130 more words